Saturday 1 October 2011

Street Art

On my travels I usually visit a galleries or museums. I´ve seen amazing art, classical and modern! I enjoy this very much. During time I´ve become more and more aware of the "art" which exists in the cityscape while I´m on my way somewhere.  Street art is a broad term for illegal pictures or pieces on buildings and installations in the city. The "artists" often use pseudonyms or signatures to mark their piece. Its also usual to paint on public transport and underground tunnels/stations.

 John and Yoko in New York City

Artists use different technics from big wall paintings, colourful pieces of texts, stencils, simple signatures and much more. Most "artists" make their pieces with spray boxes. Some of these artists have over the years become known (Like Banksy or Dolk) and makes contemporary careers in museums and galleries all over the world.

 I photographed this stencil in town today! Kong Oscars gt. Bergen

A piece may disapear over time because of reconstruction of buildings, that it is removed by the authorities or just painted over by owners.  A good reason for taking a photograph.

 Fighter in Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment