Wednesday 16 April 2014

Fresh from Leith Edinbugh

It's not often I stumble upon totally fresh works, but today I was walking in Leith and right by my bus stop the artist Russel Ian Dempster was finishing a mural. I stopped by took some photographs and had a chat with the artist.


The portrait is of Eduardo Paolozzi near his birthplace. Poalozzi was born in 1924 and is known as one of Britain's leading post-war sculptors and a figurehead of the Pop Art movement.


The artist told me that it was his first huge mural outside, and it was interesting and challenging to do. The work is planned to be finished this afternoon and inspired the artist to do more outdoor work. Dempster is a really friendly guy and I hope to see more of his works around. It's a great piece of work and makes Leith a more interesting place

No comments:

Post a Comment